California? You mean KIDIFORNIA!
If you know anything about Natty P, you know that I love California. I have spent the time since I was last there dreaming of going back. Be it Downtown LA or sunny San Diego, California is simply good for the soul. Now I have a son and I can’t wait to rediscover this beautiful state with him. Cue Kidifornia!
Welcome to Kidifornia — it’s a great place to take your parents!
Speaking to the Golden State’s youngest tourists, Visit California’s newest family-focused TV commercial proves that with so many options for family fun, California is made for kids.
Debuting in the United States and Canada today, the spot, “Welcome to Kidifornia,” invites kids to rule on their next family vacation. Here, the children are in charge.
“This campaign joyfully encourages our youngest dreamers to bring their parents along for a trip to Kidifornia,” said Caroline Beteta, Visit California president and CEO. “From catching the winter wave at our mountain resorts to creating magic at one of our theme parks or unplugging in nature, there are endless opportunities for kids to dream big in California.”
With a growing number of bucket list-worthy theme parks, museums, national and state parks, beaches and more, California is the perfect destination for fun. From action-packed thrills at the Disneyland Resort, SeaWorld San Diego, LEGOLAND California and Universal Studios Hollywood to journeys of exploration at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and The Exploratorium, California is a dream getaway for kids of all ages.
The commercial takes viewers on an adventure to some of California’s most kid-friendly attractions and destinations, showing the kids as the ones in charge of the vacation, while their parents entertainingly come along for the fun.
California experiences/locations featured in the “Kidifornia” commercial include:
- Hanging out on the beach at Montage Laguna Beach Resort
- Floating on a raft in Lake Tahoe
- Chloe Kim snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain with her dad
- Relaxing in the park near the Golden Gate Bridge
- Exploring boulders in Joshua Tree National Park
- Hiking through the Redwoods in Santa Cruz
- Dancing to the music at Santa Monica Pier
- Discovering larger than life statues in San Diego
- Finding thrills at Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort
- Feeding giraffes at San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Creating magic at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Glamping along the epic Big Sur coastline
Visit California invites kids of all ages to share their own California dreams and adventures using #Kidifornia on Twitter (@VisitCA), Instagram (@VisitCalifornia) and Facebook (facebook.com/VisitCaliforniaCanada). Kids can share photos and videos of their trips to California, stories of fun they’ve had in the Golden State and even drawings of dreams they’d love to come true in “Kidifornia.”
The time has come to let your kids do the trip planning!
Kick off your “Kidifornia” vacation at www.visitcalifornia.ca.